E&C’s Snacks Press Kit
The Hunks have been a family favorite for decades. Ellen’s first batch of homemade cookies was baked over 30 years ago, and anyone who has ever tasted one has been hooked since the first bite.
While Ellen’s nephew Casey was at college, she sent him a new type of cookie, now known as the famous Heavenly Hunk. They knew she had created something special when he devoured over 40 Hunks in under 48 hours.
The following week when Casey came home to visit, he flat out asked Ellen if they could start a cookie company together. Without hesitation, Ellen said yes. She took Casey to her safe that night to show him the recipe, and E&C’s Snacks was born. Casey was the second set of eyes to ever see the recipe since the first batch was made.
What began as cookies sealed with saran wrap and a sticker has now evolved into Heavenly Hunks. These perfectly square Hunks are soft, chewy, and full of flavor. They’re big enough bites to satisfy, but small enough that you can’t eat just one.
E&C’s Snacks is dedicated to complete transparency. The two come from a family of hardworking entrepreneurs who know that passion for people is the most important ingredient. The “family first” mindset is what E&C’s Snacks strives to pass on to their customers.
No matter what obstacles arise in life or in business, family will continue to be the key ingredient in everything they do. Casey and Ellen still test new recipes together in their kitchen and make sure every cookie is carefully crafted and responsibly packaged. Quality, honesty, and integrity are at the center of every cookie.
“E&C’s Snacks is dedicated to creating ridiculously amazing snacks bake with love and real ingredients you can find in your own kitchen.”
E&C’s Snacks was born from a love of real, fresh ingredients, and they wanted to share their passion outside of the family. Their snacks are a healthy indulgence that you can proudly share with your friends, kids, or just snack on yourself. Ellen and Casey made a rule when they began the journey of product development. They don’t use any ingredient you wouldn’t be able to find in your own kitchen at home. Each one of these real ingredients is sustainably sourced and free of additives so that you have no guilt feeding them to your little ones or eating half the bag on your own.
Ellen and Casey worked to further perfect the recipe so their Hunks could stay fresh on the journey from their baking kitchen to your home. They tested a batch of gluten-free, vegan Hunks for Casey’s sister and mom so they could experience the cookies too. This new recipe tasted so good it became the standard, so now Heavenly Hunks are as inclusive and free of allergens as possible.
Facts About E&C’s Snacks Products
- E&C’s Snacks products are a “conscious indulgence,” meaning they taste good and are good for you. Made with all real, sustainably-sourced ingredients, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO and vegan.
- Our dried coconut contains no sulfur dioxide. It’s real and clean and free from the preservative — just like good coconut should be.
- Do you know about bone char? It’s a porous material produced by charring animal bones, commonly used to filter sugar. Our non-GMO cane sugar is produced without bone char.
- Making healthy, wholesome snacks matters. So does paying a fair wage to the people who make it possible. That’s why our chocolate, sourced from South America, is fair-trade only.
- Did you know? Sorghum flour is an ancient grain — meaning, the grain has not been by changed by selective breeding and is packed with natural nutrients. Plus, it’s from the Midwest!
- Our oats come to us by way of Canada, and they’re certified gluten-free!
- We use palm oil because it’s a great substitute for other fats. Plus, there are no GMOs, preservatives or allergens. Not about that life. More details on palm oil can be found on our FAQ Page.
Heavenly Hunks Flavors
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- Oatmeal White Chip
- Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Cranberry White Chip
- Birthday Cake
Contact for Press Inquiries
Alexandra Cornelison | Marketing Coordinator
E&C’s Snacks in the Media
- Southwest Metro Magazine
- The Tom Barnard Podcast
- Agricultural Utilization Research Institute
- Dessert Surveillance
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (Entrepreneur Profile)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (Company Profile)
- Startup Grind